Smith LaSalle, a consulting engineering firm specializing in marine structural design and diving operations, is seeking a Civil Engineer Diver. Smith LaSalle’s corporate office is in the Chicago metro area with a diving division located in Paducah, Kentucky. The firm provides services Worldwide for various government and private clients. Our Chicago office is looking for a Junior to Mid-level Civil Engineer with emphasis on structural design that is qualified as a commercial diver or is interested in obtaining ADCI certification.
The ideal candidate would be a motivated, 0 to 7-year Civil Engineer, with emphasis on structural design, with interest in supporting projects involving inspection of, design of, and construction management of marine facilities on US inland waterways and ocean facilities Worldwide.
Military experience is a plus.
- BS in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university with Structural emphasis.
- F.E. required, P.E. preferred.
- Commercial diver certificate from an accredited ANSI/ACDE-01 dive program (company will pay for commercial diver training if not currently certified).
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and AutoCAD software.
- Versed in RISA 3D or similar structural analysis programs.
- Structural design experience and specification preparation.
- Possess clear and concise communication skills.
- Expected to have strong management style with confident professionalism and skills working with a variety of customers.
- Have a record of problem solving.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites in the US and overseas.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours.
- Must pass drug test, dive physical, background check, and shall have a valid driver license and satisfactory driving record.
- 100% employer paid education assistance.
- Up to 100% Employer paid healthcare benefits.
- Employer matching Vanguard retirement plan.
- 14 Employer paid holidays.
- Mobile phone stipend.
- 100% Employer paid personal protective equipment and dive equipment.
- Immediately credited 3 weeks paid time off.
Diversity Statement (EEO): Smith LaSalle is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on objective criteria.
Submit letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org